It's here, the computer blog you have been waiting for.
What??? You haven't been waiting for a computer blog? Hmmm ... well now you can see what you have been missing.
From time to time, I would like to grace the Patch website with what I think is amazing knowledge about computer and technology topics. Owning my own computer repair company helps keep me in the know about different things going on in the nerd world. However, I could use your help. Do you ever get stuck with a computer problem? Do you have a quick question but don't want to get ripped off by a group of geeks for an answer? I hope the answer is yes, because if you do have a question or a topic we should cover, please e-mail me or leave it as a comment below. I will try to answer any and all questions sent in. Sometimes questions are not easy to answer via blog post, but we will try!
This blog includes a few quick notes on how to extend the life of your battery on your laptop computer. This is not an all-inclusive tip list, but if you start with this helpful handful of practical and easy tips it will keep you from needing to constantly plug in.
- When purchasing a laptop, keep in mind that a smaller screen and smaller hard drive will require less power to operate.
- You can use the power settings built into Windows (or whatever operating sytem you use) to put your computer to sleep or in hibernate mode when not in use.
- When using your computer, shut off device and programs you don't need. This includes any external devices or flash drives, along with software programs that are not needed.
- Dim your display so that it is comfortable to your eyes but isn't on the brightest setting.
- Don't go to extremes on temperature. Too hot or too cold is a surefire way to shorten your battery life.
- Let your battery charge fully the first time you use it and let it drain fully periodically.
Follow these tips for a happy and healthy computer battery! Don't forget to send in your requests and questions so I can get to work on them.
Thanks for reading!