Parishes at the former Our Lady of Mount Carmel and the former St. Stanislaus Kostka were combined to create the new parish—Our Lady of the Scapular.
The Our Lady of Scapular Polish Festival is set for 4 to 11 p.m. Aug. 23, 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Aug. 24 and 1 p.m. to 11 p.m. Aug. 25 at 10th and Vinewood streets in Wyandotte.
Here's a list of five things to know about the Polish festival:
- The festival will also allow parishioners to welcome Father Mark Borkowski to the new parish.
- There's a grand prize raffle for a chance to win $20,000 and a first prize raffle for a chance to win $5,000.
- There will be Polish music and dancing and plenty of Polish food and drink.
- There's a tent featuring 30 games of skill.
- Free off-street parking on Electric Avenue courtesy of DTE Energy.