What started as a simple tribute to the men and women of the the armed forces has evolved into the event of the year packed with celebrity guests, live entertainment, food and drink.
Local veterans and beyond are sure to find the Veterans Gala an event worthy of their service and sacrifice.
The 4th annual Veterans Gala will include a special tribute to women in the military and the women who support our troops.
Doors open at 4:30 p.m. on Sept. 13 at the Grosse Ile Municipal Airport in hanger one.
Tickets are $12 in advance and $15 at the door. Tickets can be purchased at The Candy Store, 3209 Biddle Ave., in Wyandotte; Grosse Ile Recreation Department, 25215 W River Road; Grosse Ile Hardware Store, 7737 Macomb St.; Grosse Ile Academy of Dance, 8205 Macomb St. and the Grosse Ile VFW Hall, 8840 Macomb St.
For more information visit the Veterans Gala website or call 606-838-4252.
Here's a look at what guests can expect for the price of admission.
- Former Detroit Red Wing and five-time National Hockey League all-star John Ogrodnick will be on hand for autograph signing. One fan will take home an autographed jersey.
- Fox News Detroit will be covering the event to gather stories for the Emmy award winning special Tribute to the Troops, which will air at a later date.
- Waterline Groove Band will play tunes from the 50s to the 90s ranging from classic rock to jazz.
- Dawn Greene’s Grosse Ile Academy of Dance will put on a special performance.
- American House Choir singing patriotic tunes.
- Sharon Tocco's rendition of "God Bless America."
- Janet Bunch's big band.
- Guests can choose between purchasing a hamburger, hot dog or pulled pork sandwich with a side dish and chips for $5.
- Beer, wine and soft drinks will also be available for purchase.
- There will be more than 60 items to bid on.
- Get up close and personal with vintage aircraft, classic cars, radio-control airplanes and military vehicles.
- Fireworks display by The Red Falcon