Already with a medical practice in Wyandotte, officials from Oakwood Healthcare System said the recent opening of an urgent care facility in town is proof of the company's plan to "really move into" Wyandotte.
“The opening of this urgent care center is another step toward achieving our mission of providing excellence in care, healing and health to the communities we serve,” said Dr. Robert Sharon, chief medical officer of OPi, the physician group practice integrated within the Oakwood Healthcare System.
Oakwood After Hours • Urgent Care, 211 Eureka, opened Monday.
“This is Oakwood’s commitment, Mr. Mayor, to really move into this city,” Sharon said at the ribbon cutting. “This is an incredible town and we are glad to be part of the tight-knit community.”
Mayor Joseph Peterson was amongst a handful of local officials on hand for the celebration.
“This is one limb of the (Oakwood) tree," Peterson said. "We’ll be glad when the whole tree is there."
The facility will provide treatment for minor injuries and non life-threatening illnesses. Appointments aren't needed and most insurance plans are accepted. Cash payment is expected at the time of service. It's open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.
Available treatments include:
• Colds, flu, and other viral illness
• Bronchitis, pneumonia
• Asthma attacks
• Ear, nose and throat infections
• Bladder infections
• Superficial eye infections
• Rashes, poison ivy, and allergic reactions
• Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and dehydration
• Allergic reactions
• Minor gynecological problems
• Flu vaccines
• Fractures, sprains, & strains
• Wound repair and abscess incision & drainage
• Abrasions, splinters
• Laceration repairs
• Simple fracture care (including finger tuft fractures, radius buckle fractures, ankle avulsion fractures and others)
• Thrombosed hemorrhoid excision
• Joint aspirations
• Ganglion cyst aspirations and injections
For more information, call 734-283-4797.
Oakwood to Open Urgent Care Facility in Wyandotte
Sign Unveiled at Wyandotte's First Oakwood Facility
Wyandotte Physicians Join Oakwood Network
Oakwood Medical Center–Wyandotte