The Downriver Italian-American Club in Wyandotte has sworn in the group's new officers for 2013-14.
Wayne County Circuit Judge Christopher Dingell officiated the ceremony as part of the club's general membership meeting on Jan. 27. Dingell also is a member of the club.
The new officers are:
- President: Charles Lupo
- Vice President: Florence Coleman
- Secretary: Paula Rice
- Fin. Corres. Secretary: Frank Giannotti
- Treasurer: Leslie Lupo
- Assistant Treasurer: George Lavine
- Inside Guard: Rose Pagano
- Outside Guard: Damiano Vitale
- Guide: Grace Pizzo
- Trustees: Jim Bademian, Mark Grazioli, Sadie Kusic, Vivian Palazzolo, Alice Patton, Dennis Patton, Alfonso Stralle and Leona Vizzini
The club has several events planned throughout the year. They're all open to the public.
- March 17, St. Joseph's Day Celebration. All proceeds are donated to needy children.
- April 6, Legends Live Show, featuring the likes of Johnny Ginger, Jack Nicholson, Elvis Presley, Ricky Nelson, Dion and Garth Brooks. Tickets are $40 per person and include dinner and the show.
- April 17, the start of the club's monthly spaghetti dinners begin. The cost is $8 per person. Lunch is served from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., with dinner from 4 to 7 p.m. The other dates are May 15, June 19, July 17, Aug. 21, Sept. 18 and Oct. 16.
- May 1, Taste of Italy. The event will feature a sampling of Italian cuisine from many area restaurants, with proceeds going to the Penrickton Center for Blind Children.
For more information or to purchase tickets, call 734-285-4044.