If your gifts include a device of the eReading sort, Bacon Memorial District Library has a collection of titles that you can borrow to get your eReading adventure started.
The first thing you need to do is go to the library website and click on the OverDrive icon located on the right-hand side of the homepage.
From here, you will be taken to the OverDrive website where you can download eBooks and audiobooks. Be sure to have your library card and personal identification (PIN) number handy.
Now you can browse through thousands of eBooks and audiobooks. When you are ready to make a selection, click the book you want to read. Next, click the format in which you'd like to read the book or that matches your particular device. You will then be prompted to verify your library card number and PIN number.
Want More Help?
Bacon Memorial District Library is hosting several upcoming classes:
- Download Destination for Teens. 7 p.m. Jan. 15. "Did you get a cool smart phone, eReader, iPod/iPad for Christmas? Did you know you can get eBooks or audiobooks from the library? Want to know how? This is your class! Please bring your device to the class. Must live in Wyandotte, Taylor, Allen Park, Trenton, Woodhaven, Grosse Ile, or Gibraltar to use this service."
- Download Destination eBooks for Kindle Users. 6:30 p.m. Jan. 16. "Do you have a Kindle device or Ipad with a Kindle App? Would you like to learn how to download library books to your Kindle? This program will show you how to download ebooks free of charge from the Library with your library card and pin. Please bring your Kindle device and its USB connector cord to the program."
- Download Destination eBooks for Nook, Sony and Other eReader Devices. 6:30 p.m. Jan. 30. "Do you have a Nook, Sony or other ereader device? Would you like to learn how to download library books to your device? This program will show you how to download ebooks free of charge from the Library with your library card and pin. Please bring your eReader device and its USB connector cord to the program."
Pre-registration is required. Click on the class name to be taken to the event registration page.
If you can't wait for a class and still need some help, here are a couple tips:
- The OverDrive help line is available at 216-573-6886 for click-by-click directions from a knowledgeable operator.
- Visit BeingRuth.com for the story, Need some help with downloading e-books to your e-reader? Click here for a tutorial.