How many visitors do you think the Bacon Memorial District Library had in one year? Would you be able to guess the number of materials checked out in the same period of time?
Patrons might be taken aback at the amount of hours the library is open per year or how many print matierals they offer for reading.
The library, which is open six days per week, offers many things besides books.
Residents can utilize the library's website any time, any day. There they can manage their accounts, request matierals and pay bills.
The Bacon Memorial District Library has other resources, such as online databases and seachable city directories from 1898 to 1940.
Besides books, patrons can check out DVDs or download ebooks and audiobooks to their personal devices without even leaving their home.
Here are some facts you might find interesting about your library. All of the data is from July 2011 through June 2012.
- There were 120,419 visitors to the library
- 131,714 materials were checked out by patrons
- There are 56,174 print materials in the library
- There are 5,564 DVDs and videos in the library
- There are 16,551 downloadable audio and ebooks residents may access
- 4,874 people of all ages attended programs hosted at the library
- 353 children signed up for summer reading
- The library is open 2,886 hours this year
- There are 22 employees at the library
- 10,369 reference questions were answered