Get your rakes ready: Wyandotte's curbside leaf pickup begins in late October and ends at the end of November.
The collections will be done in various zones throughout the city.
- Oct. 28 to Nov. 2: West side of 15th Street to Fort Street; Goddard to north side of Ford Avenue; South side of Oak Street to North side of Grove; Detroit River to the railroad tracks.
- Nov. 4-9: South side of Ford Avenue to North side of Eureka, Railroad to 15th; South side of Ford Avenue to north side of Oak 15th Street to Eureka
- Nov. 11-16: Pennsylvania to South Side of Eureka, Railroad to 15th Street; South side of Oak Street to Pennsylvania, 15th Street to Fort Street; South side of Grove to Central, Biddle Avenue to Railroad
- Nov. 18-23: North Side Oak Street to North Drive, Railroad to Detroit River
- Nov. 25-30: North side of Ford Avenue to North Drive, Railroad to East side of 15th Street
Pickup will occur during the week, but leaves should be at the curb on the Monday of the collection week.
Grass clippings, branches, tree trimmings, corn stalks, pumpkins and other garden debris cannot be mixed in with the leaves. If they are, residents can be issued an ordinance violation and fine.
Residents are asked to follow three guidelines:
- Rake all leaves into the street at the curb.
- Do not park on or near leaf plies due to the potential fire hazard.
- Wetting the leaf piles with a garden hose will prevent blowing and also reduce the risk of fires.
Leaves also can be taken to the Wyandotte Recycling Center. November hours have been extended to 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. weekdays, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturdays and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sundays.