Eight members of the Roosevelt High School boys swimming and diving team will represent the Bears at the state meet held at Oakland University on Saturday.
Seniors Jesse Knowles, Tom Martin and Sean Pearce are expected to compete in several events alongside juniors Collin Olson and Danny May.
Divers Garrid Blair, Mike Pugh and Jamie Williams will also be competing at Oakland University.
Here's the breakdown of events and participating Wyandotte athletes:
- 100 breaststroke - Jesse Knowles
- 50 freestyle - Collin Olson
- 100 freestyle - Collin Olson
- 200 medley relay - Collin Olson, Tom Martin, Danny May and Jesse Knowles
- 400 freestyle relay - Sean Pearce, Tom Martin, Jesse Knowles and Collin Olson
Swimmers for the 200 medley relay--Collin Olson, Tom Martin, Danny May and Jesse Knowles--broke a record at Roosevelt this year for fastest time.