The team will be getting in as many intense practices as possible before the Bears find themselves facing their rivals in the first game of the season against the Trenton High School Trojans on Aug. 28 at Wyandotte, according to head coach Ron Adams.
Here's a list of five things to know about the 2013 Wyandotte Roosevelt High School varsity football team:
- There are 27 seniors, 21 juniors and one sophomore on the 2013 roster.
- Team captains are Brandon Sowards, Anthony Desira and Jakob Zanski.
- Some of the team strengths are speed, six returning starters on defense, kicking game and 27 seniors.
- The Bears are going to be a young team on offense with no retuning starters, which might be a challenge.
- Historically, the Bears have faced the Trojans to kick off the season for many years.